We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blues & Brews Festival -- not!

kalamazoo, michigan
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Blues & Brews Festival -- not!

We will have one day in Telluride and it happens to be the Sunday of the Blues & Brews Festival. Even though the festival sounds like so much fun, we decided we'd rather spend the day exploring the town, riding the gondola, hiking, etc. My question is, how will the festival affect our day in Telluride in terms of crowds, shopping, parking, etc..? Any insight you can provide would be helpful. Thank you!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,076 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blues & Brews Festival -- not!

Town will be very crowded. Not all people are actually at the concerts all the time ~ wandering around town, shopping, eating, etc. I would try to plan meals in advance and make a reservation in a restaurant that accepts them. (casual places like Brown Dog, etc do not take reservations)

kalamazoo, michigan
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blues & Brews Festival -- not!

Thanks for the info - that's very helpful. Do you think the crowds will take away from our experience? I.e., long lines for the gondola? Will we be able to park? (looks like we'll stay overnight in Rico or Ouray since hotels are pretty much booked in Telluride).i just can't figure out a way to avoid the festival since we're flying into Albuquerque on Thursday and have to sleep in Albuquerque Monday night..... Thank you!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,076 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blues & Brews Festival -- not!

I have never seen a "long" line for the gondola, even in ski season. There are lots of cars and each will hold up to 8 people, so it moves along pretty quickly. Parking may be more of an issue. Street parking in most areas is pay. There are no meters, but blue boxes that you put money into and it spits out a paper ticket that says when your time expires. You place it inside on your dash and they check that. There are places closer to the edge of town where you park along Main St. (Colorado Ave) for free. I usually park there and just walk a bit further. Hard to predict if you will luck up and find a spot easily or not. "Crowded" in Telluride is still a big difference than crowded in Denver or NYC or any large city. The crowd is relative, since the town is so small.

Edited: 19 July 2014, 16:37
kalamazoo, michigan
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blues & Brews Festival -- not!

Thank you, Endosunshine!

5. Re: Blues & Brews Festival -- not!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:17