We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowds 12/27-1/3?

Boca Raton, FL
Level Contributor
255 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Crowds 12/27-1/3?

I always ski'd Colorado in the spring. I hear that Breckinridge/Vail are super crowded around Christmas and New Year. Is telluride crowded as well? I'm thinking the further from Denver I get the better....

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Vail
Vail
Colorado
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,875 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowds 12/27-1/3?

Crowds are relative and your thinking is correct. WHile Telluride will be crowded for Telluride, it will be a fraction of the crowds you'll encounter at that time of the year closer to Denver.

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Coal Creek, Colorado
Level Contributor
45 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowds 12/27-1/3?

Breckenridge gets particularly crowded over the Christmas Holiday, since access to Vail and Beaver Creek are blacked out on the Local Epic Pass. The crowds will be much smaller in Telluride and regardless of the crowds, Telluride is overall a much better experience.

Mentioned in this post
Vail
Vail
Colorado
Telluride
Telluride
Colorado
Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowds 12/27-1/3?

Besides great skiing and less crowds you are going to have a fantastic new year celebration in Telluride. I have spent new year's eve in New York city and Tellutide- both great and of course totally different. Be in downtown Telluride for the new year festivities.

Mentioned in this post
Telluride
Telluride
Colorado
4. Re: Crowds 12/27-1/3?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2015, 05:15