We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel and restaurant rec.

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
548 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Need hotel and restaurant rec.

Staying just one evening in Trinidad and want a good meal. What is the nicest hotel there?

Thanks

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,560 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel and restaurant rec.

There are not too many places to stay in Trinidad and I have never seen a fancy hotel there. The Quality Inn is located on the edge of town and Best Western Trinidad Inn is in town. Both look nice, though I have not stayed at either. Check on TA for reviews.

I have seen signs for Rino's Italian Restaurant which has singing waiters. We have wanted to stop, but are never through there for dinner.

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
548 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel and restaurant rec.

Casa,

You have probably noticed that we are still figuring our WHERE we are staying in NM and CO. Thanks for all your help on all the boards. I think that we will stay in Raton, NM since the reviews are terrific for HI Express. Have you ever been to the Icehouse Steak house? Thinking that sounds good.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,560 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel and restaurant rec.

Sorry, I haven't been there and have not even seen it! We usually are driving through and the HI Express does look good. Before you get to Raton, there is a truck stop outside of Springer, Russells, that has old cars on display. To the north of this stop on the left (west), sometimes you can see a huge herd of buffalo.

4. Re: Need hotel and restaurant rec.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 09:21
Get answers to your questions about Trinidad
Recent Conversations