We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vail and BC Construction Question for Upcoming Trip

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vail and BC Construction Question for Upcoming Trip

A question for recent BC and/or Vail visitors...

I have read some recent posts on construction in BC. I am planning a trip to either Vail (which I visited last year in April) or BC (which I have never been to). I stayed at the Rock Resort in Vail last year and had a wonderful time and stay, but have heard it is under major construction.

I have also read some posts here about disappointment with construction in BC in general and in The Pines specifically.

Can any recent visitors with opinions please share them? Did any one stay at either of these properties?

Thanks in advance for your help. Happy Skiing!!

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vail and BC Construction Question for Upcoming Trip

I'm not as familiar with the Pines construction, but the Lodge at Vail has a project called "Vail's Front Door" which could impact your stay. That said, remember that you'll be skiing most of the time and also that it's pretty difficult for construction in the winter ski season due to the weather (noise is limited, etc).

There are plenty of options in both Vail or Beaver Creek if you are hesitant to stay near construction. I'd recommend Sonnenalp or the Park Hyatt.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vail and BC Construction Question for Upcoming Trip

There is no construction going on presently in Beaver Cteek>

Major construction projects in Avon and Vail however.

Beaver Creek would definately be more peaceful.

The Pines is a beautiful place to stay. A few of my other recommendations are Elkhorn Lodge and McCoy peak Lodge. Call them directly for best rates.

Or, check the Beaver Creek Forum on this site for more ideas.

3. Re: Vail and BC Construction Question for Upcoming Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Vail