We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vail from 18-25May for 4 adults, 2 of them seniors...

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Vail from 18-25May for 4 adults, 2 of them seniors...

So, we are booked in at the Mariott Streamside(this will NOT change). I was wondering if this will be fun for 4 adults?

Also, we will be driving there and have our suv with us, so does anyone know how far it will be to the 'downtown' area?

We are definitely doing the alpine gardens, but any suggestions on other non-strenous things to do in vail or within 1-2 hour drive?

We expect to see some snow, but are any roads still blocked at that point? I am the main planner and am trying to make this fun for all of us.

Thanks in advance for all the replies!

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vail from 18-25May for 4 adults, 2 of them seniors...

About an hour west of Vail is Glenwood Hot Springs. It's a very developed hot springs that always has a mix of folks during the day, especially Seniors, especially on weekdays. Good in any weather, and you get to drive through Glenwood Canyon. One holdup is tunnel repairs at hanging lake might slow you up some.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vail from 18-25May for 4 adults, 2 of them seniors...

Streamside is in West Vail which is 2 minutes from Vail Village.

I also second previous poster for Glenwood Springs.It is a beautiful drive through the canyon. Your seniors may enjoy taking the gondola they have in Glenwood which goes to a scenic overlook & has a small restaurant. It is the entrance to the Glenwood Caverns if they'd like that (I love the cave tour!) Glenwood also has vapor caves (like a big natural sauna) and their famous hot springs> fountain of youth waters? ha ha If they are into bathing/swimming.

If they walk well, Vail has a great pedestrian village with plenty of shops & restaurants as does Glenwood.

My fav restaurant in Glenwood is Juicy Lucy's across from the train station. I highly recommend that.

Independance Pass (the shortest route to Aspen) and Trail Ridge Road (in Rocky Mountai National Park) will be the only road closures you may find at that ime of year.

If you are driving from the Denver area, you may wish to look into taking them to Rocky Mountain National Park to see buffalo & Elk.

3. Re: Vail from 18-25May for 4 adults, 2 of them seniors...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 12:21
Get answers to your questions about Vail