We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels: Sonnenalp or Ritz in Bachelor's Gulch?

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotels: Sonnenalp or Ritz in Bachelor's Gulch?

Hi all - My girlfriend and I are coming for a week at the end of June. We are looking to chill out - do some activities during the day then hit the pool or read/relax outside in the pm/early evening, grab dinenr then a few post dinenr beers. I like the thought of being in Vail Village with all the restaurants and places to grab a drink,; having some choices. Is that even avail. out in Bachelor's Gulch/Beaver Creek or is it that secluded that most are unlikely to venture off at night? It looks nicer than Sonnealp but I am afraid it will be boring. I've stayed in the village before in the summer and it was fine, but am wondering if the Ritz just might be worth taking a chance on?

No matter what I am thrilled to be coming and know I won't be disappointed either way. Thanks!!!

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels: Sonnenalp or Ritz in Bachelor's Gulch?

For what you are planning I'd say Sonnenalp. Bachelor Gulch has nothing> you'd have to drive to all you want to do. The Ritz is gorgeous, newer and they have a fantastic pool, but there is no Village at all

Sonnenalp has such a great location to walk to everything you want to do. Their pool overlooks Gore Creek.

The last week in June is historically the prettiest week of the year in my opinion!!! All the flowers are in bloom, the climate is warm, everything is green. Hiking is great. You'll have a great time!

Hit LaBotega across the street form the sonnenalp> my favorite Italian & a nice place for a beer. Red Lion is the hopping "sport bar" scene, just a few blocks away. The Sonnenalp also has fantastic entertainment right on site. Their lounge is a perfect place to grab an after dinner drink & relax to great music.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels: Sonnenalp or Ritz in Bachelor's Gulch?

Sonnenalp fits your needs perfectly and is a perfect location. Try Campo for good Italian or Sweet Basil for a great meal (lunch is excellent there as well). The Bully Ranch at the Sonnenalp has a great deck.

The Ritz is great but very isolated.

Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels: Sonnenalp or Ritz in Bachelor's Gulch?

I have stayed at both - The Sonnenalp and The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch. While the Ritz is very nice, we much preferred the Sonnenalp in Vail Village. So much so, that we've stayed there twice now and I'd love to go again. Vail Village is perfect for walking around, having a drink and dinner.

The Sonnenalp is lovely. You won't be disappointed.

4. Re: Hotels: Sonnenalp or Ritz in Bachelor's Gulch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 06:20