We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Quick Questions about Vail

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
3 Quick Questions about Vail

We moved our trip from Thansgiving weekend to mid Dec hoping to see some snow move into the Rockies....ok:

1. How does Verizon wireless work in Vail town/ MTN

2. Our lift tickets are good on 5 mts...what does that mean

if it's diffent resorts can you tell me the names & distances

from Vail Valley

3. We're staying a number of days and look forward to nice

dinners @ night (suggestions?) but will cook in our condo

break/ lunches....is there a grocery store in Vail or should we

hit a WalMart or something coming from Denver

Thanks guys......I promise I'll be bringing some snow too :)

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Quick Questions about Vail

1. No idea. I'd say check with Verizon.

2. visit snow.com for info on Vail Resorts and their ski resorts. Vail, BC, are within 30 minutes of each other, Breck and Keystone are same but about an hours drive from Vail, BC. The 5th mtn, Heavenly, is in CA.

3. People do live in Vail and surrounding communities and they got to eat too, so yes there are grocery stores. Presume you have car.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,067 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Quick Questions about Vail

#1 Verizon cell phones work fine in Vail. The signal is very good.

#2 ^ answered

#3 There is a City Market and a Safeway in Vail

PLEASE bring snow!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Quick Questions about Vail

Thanks....

I assumed if the ski pass was valid at 5 mountains that meant that you could drive and enjoy other ski resorts....why else would it be valid....renting car yes....not everyones been to Vail....so....didnt know what to expect...full service grocery or exorbitent small market with little choices

any ways thanks

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Quick Questions about Vail

To clarify . . . buying a 5 day pass at Breckenridge (use Peaks Program to save money) allows you to ski at the other Vail Resorts of Keystone, Vail, Beaver Creek and Heavenly, which I presume you understand is at Lake Tahoe California. Note that there are restrictions on how many days you can use that pass to ski at other resorts. Read the fine print at snow.com the official site of Vail Resorts.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Quick Questions about Vail

Your Vail lift tickets are good at the following:

A-Basin (45 minutes)

Keystone (45 minutes)

Breckenridge (45 minutes)

Beaver Creek (10-15 minutes)

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Quick Questions about Vail

from vail.com website. (the a-basin connection is new for me)

Explore multiple resorts on one ticket.

Vail and Beaver Creek lift tickets are valid at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin - all located with in a 40 mile radius.  Keystone and Breckenridge 3-day or more tickets are valid at Keystone, Breckenridge, and Arapahoe Basin, plus the following days at Vail and Beaver Creek:

• 3-day lift ticket: 1 day at Vail and Beaver Creek

• 4-day lift ticket: 2 days at Vail and Beaver Creek 

• 5-day lift ticket: 2 days at Vail and Beaver Creek

• 6-day lift ticket: 3 days at Vail and Beaver Creek

• 7-day lift ticket: 3 days at Vail and Beaver Creek

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 Quick Questions about Vail

City Market (otherwise known as Kroger throughout the rest of the country) & Safeway are full-fledged grocery stores located right next to eachother in West Vail. There is a free bus which stops right there & will take you back & forth from the Vail Transportation center (center of Vail) if you do not want to drive. Just thought I'd add: Remember Colorado is a BLUE state which means we do not sell liquor in our grocery stores (except 3/2 beer) and all liquor stores are closed on Sundays.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 Quick Questions about Vail

Hey thanks for great replys....so fired up I can't wait.....ready to bring out the new Volkl AC 40s.....

Now for the snow....join me in deep meditation as I pray to Snow Gods....Yeah.....it's going to Snow!!!!!!!!

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 Quick Questions about Vail

We are all praying big time for snow! I wanted to let you know that on I-70, off the Evergreen Parkway Exit, right on the highway, is a Walmart Supercenter with bargain groceries, all name-brands, We have the same grocery stores in Evergreen as are in Vail, Safeway, etc. The grocery section of this Walmart just opened a couple of weeks ago and it's prices are almost HALF of our regular stores!

Example, Starbucks coffee beans at Safeway, etc., $9.99/lb, Walmart, $5.99/lb. One stop here could save you big bucks on food, anything else you need at Walmart. Take Evergreen Pkwy Exit, left at 1st stoplight, left into parking lot. Snow predicted Wednesday, stronger chance on Saturday. Fingers crossed!!

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 Quick Questions about Vail

2-4 inches of snow forecast for tonight with a big storm later this week. Good news!