We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to ski all of Vail in 2 days

yorktown, va
2 posts
Save Topic
Looking to ski all of Vail in 2 days

My son and I are headed to Vail to ski on 6-7 April. We are both advanced to expert skiiers, and want to taste the best runs at vail. What are the best lifts to head for, and which runs are truly unique to vail? Thanks!!! I saw the snow reports, this will be a good spring out west!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to ski all of Vail in 2 days

Go straight to the back bowls!

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to ski all of Vail in 2 days

In response to your subject line:

IMPOSSIBLE!!! There is no way you could ski this enormous area in 2 days!

Check out the trail map at www.snow.com

Previous poster is correct, what make's Vail so awesome are the back bowls, go there.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to ski all of Vail in 2 days

Keep in mind that it is physically impossible to ski all of Vail in two days. A local pro skied every trail a few years back and it took 6 or 7 days. That said, head for the back bowls (but not before late morning unless its a power day). Sun Up, Sun Down, Mongolia, Siberia are certainly unique to Vail. And you should certainly check out Blue Sky Basin (any time of day). Don't miss the runs on the new Chair 10 (Highline, Blue Ox). Some good advanced/expert runs on the front side are Riva, Prima, Pronto.....lots do to in only two days. Have fun.

yorktown, va
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to ski all of Vail in 2 days

Great! On to the back bowls it is! BTW, I searched previous posts, and the vail site and came up with the "perfect 3 days of skiing at Vail". thanks!!!!!

5. Re: Looking to ski all of Vail in 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 11:21