We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May trip w/ kids

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
May trip w/ kids

Hello! I'm hoping to get some local advice on our upcoming trip to Vail. My husband, 11yr old & 7 yr old daughters, 2 yr old son, and I will be coming for a week. We're staying through a timeshare, and chose the location so we can visit my husband's sister who lives within a couple hours. I've been trying to do some research to see what can keep us busy. Totally up for day-trips (even to grab a hotel if it's a few hours away). So far I've found Glenwood Caverns but the reviews seem across the board.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Sarah

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May trip w/ kids

LOVE Glenwood Caverns!!

My 12 year old grandson really enjoyed the cave tour. Check to see if the rides will be open (Google Glenwood Caverns) Make a day of it. You can rent bikes in Glenwood, the company takes you to the beginning of the canyon then you bike back into town (or partly back depending on your ability. It is 16 miles of gorgeous bike path along the canyon floor along the colorado River. make sure you also do the Hot Springs pools.

Avon has a terrific rec center with indoor pools.

Eagle has a great bowling alley & arcade which all kids love.

You might see if any of the horseback riding outfitters are up & running yet.

4 Eagle ranch has a fun family BBQ & ranch adventures.

Check this before you come as we are now in off-season with many things closed till memorial Day.

check ww.snow.com for activities.

2. Re: May trip w/ kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 13:17