We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental in/around Vail

Brazil
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Rental in/around Vail

Hi!

I cant find any car rental place in or near Vail besides an Enterprise in Beaver Creek and Avon or other companies at Eagle Airport. The problem is, Enterprise does not rent one way only, so that I could drop-off the car at a different location and having to take a shuttle to Eagle Airport to then rent a car is just not gonna happen!

So, if I want to leave Vail with a rental car, what can I do? Am I missing a website or company that can rent it to me in Vail or Beaver Creek or anywhere closeby?

Tks!

Jackie

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,404 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental in/around Vail

I would suggest contacting Vail Resorts at 877-204-7881 to see if they know of any other options.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,404 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental in/around Vail

Oops, meant to add their email address - vailinfo@vailresorts.com. Hope that helps.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental in/around Vail

Unfortunately Vail Resorts probably can't help you too much on this. Try the Vail Valley Partnership-the Chamber & Tourism Bureau (www.visitvailvalley.com) for assistance on this. I'm not sure of any one-way car rentals but you can always take a shuttle from CME or All Mountain Transportation.

Los Angeles
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental in/around Vail

WIll be in Vail 5 days- over holidays...

Is a car rental recommended- even if its bad weather?

where would we drive it to other than back & forth from Eagle Airport?? We will have groceries stocked when we arrive.

We are staying at Lionshead area.

Would love to hear reasons either way!

Greentown...
Level Contributor
244 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental in/around Vail

If you are going to be staying in Vail and skiing in Vail....there is no reason why you would need a car....the free shuttle around town is great, will take you anywhere you need to go in Vail and it is free.

If you are worried about transportation to and from the airport....there is also no need to worry...use Colorado Mountain Express. They are great and no worries.

In summary......if anyone is planning on staying and skiing at Vail for vacation.....you definitely do not need a rental car.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental in/around Vail

I completely agree. Especially if you're staying in Lionshead, you have absolutely no reason to have a car unless you want to (for whatever reason) drive somewhere that's not part of the Vail Village area (Golden Peak to Lionshead).

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental in/around Vail

I think you better double check that, I have rented a local enterprise car one way. We also had a recent post about it and as it turns out they have a sizable fee, I think it was $200, but allowed one way rentals. Try emailing or calling, if you can, the BC enterprise directly.

8. Re: Car Rental in/around Vail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 21:18