We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are your Favorite Runs in Vail?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
What are your Favorite Runs in Vail?

I'm heading up to Vail in a few days and am pretty familiar w/ the mountain. Just wondering what everyone's favorite runs are in case I've been missing some good ones all these years. Here's my list (I'm a boarder):

- Genghis - I love doing the cornice drop when there's some fresh snow.

- Lover's Leap in Blue Sky Basin

- Northstar - great cruising run, can pick up some good speed here and there's normally not many people on it.

- High Line and Blue Ox when they're not all bumped out

- Tree runs in the back bowls, there's always some fresh powder to be found

One of these days, I'll do the Minturn Mile but haven't had anyone tell me yet that its easy enough to do on a board...I'm fine cruising through trees but don't want to have to take a boot out and push for a long way...

So let's hear your favorite runs...

Level Contributor
244 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are your Favorite Runs in Vail?

Anything in Blue Sky Basin.

Denver, Colorado USA
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are your Favorite Runs in Vail?

There are many good ones. I like Northwoods as well. And North Star.

I also like Riva Ridge (chair 4) and Blue Ox (Highline express lift)

Have fun!

Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are your Favorite Runs in Vail?

Riva> Top to bottom> 4 MILES!!!

Lover's Leap had actually been closed for a bit due to avalanche danger> we have had SO MUCH SNOW!!!

4. Re: What are your Favorite Runs in Vail?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 06:27