We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary dinner in Vail?

nyc
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary dinner in Vail?

Hi- My husband and I will be in Vail for a wedding that also falls over our 5 year anniversary in Sept. We are staying at the Marriot and are curious if there are any locals out there who could recommend a good place to eat for our celebration dinner? We live in NYC and love good meals, great wine and a fun, yet elegant ambiance. We also love all types of foods. Thanks in advance. I am so excited to see what I hear is a gorgeous place!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,834 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary dinner in Vail?

You might enjoy http://www.sweetbasil-vail.com/

Congratulations!

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary dinner in Vail?

Happy Annviersary! I am going to suggest Sweet Basil too : ) It's one of our favorite restaurants in Vail. I hope to be dining there again in a couple of weeks.

Ouray, Colorado
Level Contributor
629 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary dinner in Vail?

I also agree with Sweet Basil... Yummy!

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary dinner in Vail?

I think LaTour is romantic, Kelley Liken , fun, Larkspur, cool. Sweet Basil always ranks up there but its noisy and unless you get a seat in the back at a window or on the porch, the middle of the restaurant I find uninviting. Personal opnion!!

Read some of the reviews on this site. You also might want to go over to Beaver Creek. Maribelle's Splendido, or my favorite Grouse Mountain Grill all have great atmoshere & food.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary dinner in Vail?

La Tour and Sweet Basil are personal favorites - you'll get a great experience and good service in addition to the wonderful food/wine.

6. Re: Anniversary dinner in Vail?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 07:22