We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

summer wedding - vail or estes park?

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
352 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
summer wedding - vail or estes park?

Planning a *small* wedding for next summer in the Colorado mountains somewhere, and right now my top choices are Vail and Estes Park/RMNP.

It'll be very small, under 20 people, so I was wondering what are some good reception places for small groups of people that is more intimate and hopefully no room fees if possible. If I got married in Vail, the wedding deck looks absolutely gorgeous, so that is a top choice. Does anyone know how much it costs to get married there? I'm still waiting an email on that.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
648 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: summer wedding - vail or estes park?

In Estes, the Black Canyon Inn, Mary's Lake Lodge, and Della Terra are my top choices for wedding locations. The Wild Basin Lodge is also beautiful, although a bit outside of the Estes. I work in the wedding industry and have worked with all of these venues and they do a fantastic job for smaller weddings. All the locations have rooms on site for your guests to stay in as well. They all have outdoor ceremony sites which are breathtaking as well. Estes, you will find, is much more affordable than the majority of Summit County wedding venues.

Vail is pretty expensive and many venues won't do a smaller wedding on a weekend because they could book a larger and more expensive wedding. The 4 Eagle Ranch is one of my favorites. The Donovan Pavillion is a very popular spot as well.

Although not in Estes or Vail, check out Devil's Thumb Ranch too. I've heard fantastic things from wedding planners that I know who say that is one of the best places they have worked at.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: summer wedding - vail or estes park?

People in Vail will bend over backwards to work with small or large groups. Hotels, facilities, restaurants, etc are all happy to host small groups. The only exception is large facilities that have higher minimum fees than you would ever meet with a small group.

That said, the Wedding Deck is great. I think it's about $500 for a 2 hour window. 4-Eagle Ranch is a great recommendation. The Arrabelle at Vail Square has a great room looking over the mountain. The Sonnenalp Resort has a perfect room for your size group. Both are wonderful properties.

Try www.WeddingsinVail.com for complete Vail wedding planning information.

3. Re: summer wedding - vail or estes park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2010, 06:23