We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oktoberfest - Anyone been?

Arcola, Illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oktoberfest - Anyone been?

My husband and I are planning a trip to Colorado in September. We were planning on late september, but our schedule is flexible. Is Oktoberfest in Vail something to schedule our trip around?

I'm just wondering if it's worth it, or if it is just like most other small town festivals? If anyone has been in the past and has any thoughts on Oktobefest, I'd love to hear what you thought.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Vail
Vail
Colorado
Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
418 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oktoberfest - Anyone been?

No, but I'm now considering it - based on Alli's description on a different post earlie today:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28927-i252-k38519…

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oktoberfest - Anyone been?

It's fun & a pretty time of year to be here.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,056 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oktoberfest - Anyone been?

Well it was not really my description, I copied from the web site. I have been a couple of times. Hard to say if it is like "most other small town festivals" I think it is fun, certainly more fun than Denver's is/was. Breckenridge probably has the biggest Ocktoberfest around if you want big.

gobreck.com/events/…breckenridge-oktoberfest

Mentioned in this post
Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oktoberfest - Anyone been?

I like the Beaver Creek Oktoberfest too. They always have great music!!

Mentioned in this post
Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oktoberfest - Anyone been?

Vail has two weekends of Oktoberfest - it's a great time to be here, lots of music & food tents and of course beer activities. One of my personal favorite events, especially when combined with all the other activities and the nice Sept weather (and leaves might be changing then too).

Mentioned in this post
Vail
Vail
Colorado
6. Re: Oktoberfest - Anyone been?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 07:11