We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

skiing in vail

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santo Domingo...
2 posts
Save Topic
skiing in vail

Hi, planning a skiing trip with my kids(10 and 7) and my husband. First time in vail and skiing. Friends have recommended two hotels Montaneros and Mountain Haus, they seem similar on the photos, I wish to know which one is better choice.

Thanks

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: skiing in vail

Both good. I prefer to be in Vail Village over Lionshead, but many people like Lionshead because of the Gondola. I'd make my choice depending on ski school> If your kids will be in ski school, I'd suggest Mountain Haus. Right outside their door is the free bus which will take you (in less than 5 minutes) to Golden Peak where ski school is located. If they are already accomplished skiers & not in ski school, Montaneros is fine.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
517 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: skiing in vail

The better restaurants and selection is also in Vail Village IMO, although there's a bus between Lionshead and Vail Village.

3. Re: skiing in vail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2011, 05:17