We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Priceline for a vail vacation

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Using Priceline for a vail vacation

Hi=)

Has anyone used priceline to book your hotel at vail? I am trying to find a good deal for the week of feb 17-24th and it seems that is a pretty busy week.

I've never used this website, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

La
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using Priceline for a vail vacation

I use priceline a lot but have never used it for Vail. The priceline hotels under the resort level are Vail Cascade, Marriot Mountain, and The Lodge at Vail. In Beaver Creek the only resort is The pines Lodge while under the 2 star level is the Comfort Inn. Something to note is that if Priceline does not have any inventory for just one night of your request your total request is denied. If priceline has a place available for your entire stay it is going to take a very large bid to get it. It would be better to book this by other means as Priceline offers no cancellations or guarantees of room types. You may get lucky but I dought it. Your next question for me is how was I able to tell you what the secret priceline resorts were, right?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Using Priceline for a vail vacation

HI Mabel50,

Thanks for your advice. You are right, I do want to know how do you know the hotels in the resort list at priceline!!!

At the same time.. if these are good resorts... for what I understand about priceline.. I would not loose anything by submitting a bid..because if they do not accepted it that's it.. Is this correct?

Thanks a lot!!

Erika

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
819 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using Priceline for a vail vacation

www.biddingfortravel.com

lists the common hotels won on proiceline in all areas

La
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using Priceline for a vail vacation

You need to associate yourself with the greatest travel related website on the internet. It is biddingfortravel.com , and what it is is a forum where priceline users post what they have gotten, where they have gotten it, and what price they have gotten it at. You can also post questions on what you should bid for a particular area. When you get to the site scroll down till you see (Colorado other cities) click on that and then click on Colorado Hotel list, scroll down and you will see the list of hotels that people have been getting for years (there are very few for each city). Click back once and you will see winning bids and losing bids. As you will see Vail does not come up often. Resorts sometimes and I mean just sometimes treats Priceline guest a little differently than a regular guest by not maybe honoring all their request such as non smoking king bed and the like. Also if a hotel is under renovation you will get stuck in the unrenovated part. If you were to get anything in Vail you would have to bid at least 90-95% of what the hotels own websites are posting. Go ahead and try a low ball bid you might get lucky otherwise just pay the published rate so all your request will be met and if anything were to happen you could cancel. One of those hotels is what you will get so do not bid higher than the lowest price you find for those particular hotels. I have saved thousands with this website, this is just not a priceline vacation you are going on. This website also shows the car rental and airline deals people have received, study this site well you won't be sorry.

Get answers to your questions about Vail