We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fine dining in Vail

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Fine dining in Vail

This is going to be our first trip to Vail (early March), and family of adults would like not like to miss the recommended (due to recent experience) dining places (dinner). Anyone than can give me their two top recommendations? We are open about the type of food.

Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fine dining in Vail

Sweet Basil consistantly ranks as most people's #1 choice. I also highly recommend La Tour, Kelley Liken, and Left Bank. I have lived here over 30 years and have been to all many times. Never been disappointed!

Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fine dining in Vail

Ditto on Sweet Basil. The restaurant at Pepi's is fun. I would just make sure you find one in the center of Vail Village because that is half the experience and is the heart of Vail!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fine dining in Vail

All the restaurants already mentioned are good choices. Another one to check out is Terra Bistro. We were there just last week and had an excellent meal.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,623 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fine dining in Vail

Pepi's and Sweet Basil. Terra Bistro is OK but not at level of others. Sweet Basil is a more modern dining experience. Pepi's is old world Austria but really, really well done - great for wild game dishes.

Uvalde TX
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fine dining in Vail

Just there two weeks ago. Went to Sweet Basil and it was great but our favorite was La Bottega. Good spot for a larger group.

6. Re: Fine dining in Vail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 20:19