We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April Snow Conditions

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
72 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
April Snow Conditions

I am considering coming to Vail in April. I have been there many times between late December and March but never as late in the year as April. Are the conditions in April any good? What is the typical base in April?

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,817 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April Snow Conditions

I'll let the experts comment on April conditions, but there's no doubt there will be plenty of snow left. Read this recent article:

The snowfall in Vail could result in a record-breaking season. "With the help of Mother Nature this season, it's difficult to remember better conditions on Vail Mountain in my 25 years with Vail," said Chris Jarnot, the COO of Vail Mountain and senior VP.

This is the fourth best season-to-date snowfall in Vail's history. Snowfall is nearly eight feet above Vail's average at the top of the mountain, and that dates back as far as the records exist which was during the 1963-64 season, Vail's second season being open.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,487 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April Snow Conditions

It is a tradition of ours to ski closing day at Vail, it has always been great. Like Balabax said this year should be really good!

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April Snow Conditions

Hello, my name is Mother Nature, I am here with God> we only know what April conditions will be!!!

Ha ha! Just kidding. BUT It REALLY will depend on these two entities!!! Usually end of season skiing is a blast and even in the slightest of snow years, theres always snow up top, you just have to be careful to avoid bald spots lower on the mountain or download. Lots of FUN things happen here in April!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,260 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April Snow Conditions

April conditions are fine and especially this year. Vail and Breck are actually staying open until Easter (Apr. 24). Daily temperatures will make a bit of a difference. It's good to get an early start in the day and to stay higher rather than lower. The base will be no issue at all, just temperature management and battling slushy snow down low.

5. Re: April Snow Conditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 07:18