We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain In Vail

germantown, tn
Level Contributor
166 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Rain In Vail

I'm scheduled to be in Vail from 9/15-23. Right now the forecast looks rainy. Does anyone know if, for Vail, this generally means rain all day or just brief showers. With vacation dollars and time so precious these days, I don't want to go to Vail and not see the beautiful scenery in all of it's glory. Any thoughts or guidance on This fall in Vail?

1. Re: Rain In Vail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2011, 21:41
Edited: 28 November 2011, 21:41
2. Re: Rain In Vail

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2011, 21:41
germantown, tn
Level Contributor
166 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain In Vail

Thanks much! Simply seeing the mountains of Colorado is one of the highlights of my vacation. And weather.com has been giving me a big case of pre-vacation jitters. I appreciate your good advice and information.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain In Vail

I wondered if you were looking at weather.com. It is by far the least reliable weather source there is.

It is difficult to predict mountain weather 4 days out, forget about next weekend. As mentioned above, Wunderground is a good source or check the NWS site: forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php…

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain In Vail

We had a 40% chance today and not a drop fell. Usually if we do get a storm it's in the afternoon and passes quickly as not to ruin the whole day.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain In Vail

It will be cool in the mornings and cold, in the 40's after sunset this time of year so pack layers and remember socks! SO MANY PEOPLE FORGET SOCKS! Ha ha! During mid day it can be sunny & warm in the 60's. Rain rarely lasts all day.

7. Re: Rain In Vail

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 07:17