We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Denver toVail in December

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans, La.
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Denver toVail in December

I will be coming from Denver Airport to Vail December 16th. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long a drive that will be that time of year as I have come many times but not in winter. I know in summer that traffic is very heavy coming out of Denver to Vail on a Friday night. Also are the roads kept clear if it is snowing? Thank you for any information you can give me as I am trying to make some reservations once I arrive and don't want to cut my reservations to short by not having a time line.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Denver toVail in December

Winter traffic can be bad on Friday evening/Saturday morning. Generally it's about a two and a half hour drive without traffic or weather. If it hasn't been snowing the roads will be clear, if there has been a recent storm there may be snow packed or icy patches especially around the tunnel and Vail pass, if it's snowing when you arrive check the CDOT site to see how bad the roads are before heading up. www.cotrip.org will give you up to date conditions and camera views of the roads.

New Orleans, La.
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Denver toVail in December

Thanks so much for your information. I will take your advise.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,949 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Denver toVail in December

Couldn't agree more dogmama. There are a few places in the Denver airport where you can get free Wi-Fi and so I always check cotrip.org when I'm driving home after a flight into Denver. If you have a smart phone then you don't even need to hunt for internet.

4. Re: Driving from Denver toVail in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 23:42