We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vail village or Lionshead

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Park Ridge, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Vail village or Lionshead

Planning a trip to Vail in March with our 3 boys ages 19-24. Appreciate any suggestions on condos and prederred location to be close to skiing and night life.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
1,033 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vail village or Lionshead

I personally prefer to be in Vail Village, but Lionshead is fine too. All interconnected by free shuttle buses that run continuously. If you stay in Lionshead you want to be as close to the gondola as possible for convenience. In Vail Village you want to be as close to the Vista Bahn lift as possible and in Golden Peak which is adjacent to Vail Village you want to be near the Riva Bahn lift. I frequently use www.vrbo.com to rent from owners directly. I have also used Brandess Cadmuss Real Estate and Vail Realty to rent condos. All 3 experiences have been mostly positive. Units are individually owned and decorated. Some are nicer then others and I usually rent based on location closest to lifts and price. A two bedroom unit will start around $400/night and go up from there. A 3 bedroom will be even more expensive.

Edited: 14 February 2012, 03:43
Park Ridge, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vail village or Lionshead

Thanks for the helpful info. Any specific 2 bedroom condos u would recommend?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
1,033 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vail village or Lionshead

I seldom get the same unit trip to trip. Sometimes the owners are using it or it's booked. Since March is almost here I recommend just seeing what's still available. I like the Edelweiss Building, Mill Creek Court, Vail's Trails and our friends like Vantage Point in Lionshead. Check vrbo and the websites of the local realtors and give them a call to see what's available. I always book at least 6 months ahead usually more so I can't tell you what it will be like to do it more last minute.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
1,033 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vail village or Lionshead

The All Seasons Condos next to Golden Peak is also decent.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vail village or Lionshead

I also recommend VRBO.com. You rent directly from condo owners. I highly recommend trying to have a nice kitchen as with 2 boys of that age, they can eat you into the poor house! Vail is more lively than Lionshead although so close by bus. Check out adventure ridge at www.snow.com for activities the boys may like> the ski biking & tubing come to mind! These are accessed by the gondola in Lionshead.

6. Re: Vail village or Lionshead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 10:17