We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Complaint against ski.com/Hertz

NH
Level Contributor
109 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Complaint against ski.com/Hertz

Just want to caution anyone renting Hertz through ski.com. We were told our suv would handle 4 adults with ski equipment. When we turned in our voucher at Hertz, we were then told that it was too small for us, but more importantly didn't have 4 wheel drive. We ended up having to pay an extra hundred dollars plus taxes to upgrade. When I complained to SKi.com and they went to Hertz, they told them that all their SUVs are 4 wheel drive, which is an OUTRIGHT lie, or the Hertz people working there don't know what they're talking about. I got no satisfaction from either Ski.com or Hertz. Look at your voucher and question them on SUV.

Aspen, Colorado
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Complaint against ski.com/Hertz

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Ski.com. I am disappointed that your vacation did not meet the high expectations our clients have come to expect from Ski.com for the past 40 seasons.

I would like to apologize on behalf of Ski.com and Hertz for the confusion you encountered when renting your vehicle. There seems to have been a misunderstanding at the Hertz desk in Denver. The fact is that every SUV purchased by Hertz for their winter weather fleeted states are either 4WD or AWD. Ski.com has reviewed the situation with Hertz and a refund was made in March for the extra fee and tax, a total of $105. Also included was an apology letter and some Hertz certificates, which we hope you enjoy on your next vacation.

Hertz has since met with the department supervisors of their Colorado virtual kiosk program to go over the types of SUVs carried and have assured us there will not be any future misunderstandings like the one you experienced.

Ski.com, in business for four decades, has a long-time relationship with Hertz and we both work hard to make sure all transactions are seamless and enjoyable for our travelers. Once again, I sincerely apologize for the hassle encountered with this part of your reservation and we hope you enjoyed the rest of your ski vacation in Colorado.

Sincerely,

Dan Sherman

Ski.com Managing Director of Marketing

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,203 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Complaint against ski.com/Hertz

Nicely done Dan, though it does sound like NhWishfultraveler had to post a public protest in order to get things straightened out. Hopefully this will help future visitors avoid a similar frustration on their vacation.

NH
Level Contributor
109 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Complaint against ski.com/Hertz

Yes, I did finally get a rebate and gift certificates from Hertz. i was truly surprised because several calls between my travel agent and Ski.com got me nowhere. I had given up and posted my complaint mainly as a caution to others. Little did I know the power of Trip Advisor!! Thank you!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,595 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Complaint against ski.com/Hertz

Interesting thread and thanks for sharing. Both SKI.com and Hertz are fantastic companies. Glad to see it was resolved.

NH
Level Contributor
109 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Complaint against ski.com/Hertz

Hey Tumbleweed, we plan on skiing Park City next year...any suggestions on where to find a 3 or 4 bedroom condo within walking distance of lifts? Just starting to look at websites.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Complaint against ski.com/Hertz

first, start a new thread and then do it in the utah forum for more opinions.

7. Re: Complaint against ski.com/Hertz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:18