We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vail summer wanting to do water activities

new orleans
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
vail summer wanting to do water activities

I have never been to vail but I am coming around july 25th for 2 days. I want to know if there are any places that people tube down rivers or if there are places that rent that stuff somewhat near the city? If there are not does anyone recommend a place for me to try like that. I have been on inflatable kayaks and really liked that too do any places rent those? Also any good lakes or rivers that we could hike to and jump in or possibly do a little fishing. thanks in advance

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: vail summer wanting to do water activities

just posted. try the search tool and you'll find more.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33676-i745-k55133…

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vail summer wanting to do water activities

Glenwood Springs has places to rent tubes and tube the Colorado River. Also the hot springs are right there. You could also come over to Summit County and rent a boat and toot around Lake Dillon and fish (make sure to get a Colorado fishing license.) Rancho Del Rio has tubing and I think it may be just as close, if not closer than Glenwood for tubing too. The water is super cold. Green Mountain Reservoir allows swimming/skiing, however people still wear wetsuits. Wolford Reservoir north of Kremmling rents boats and allows swimming - I thought it was fine in just a bathing suit there.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,834 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vail summer wanting to do water activities

Any lakes you can hike too would be terribly cold.

Living Social had this out today

livingsocial.com/cities/1711/deals/354168-in…

FYI I don't know them.

I know it is hard to believe coming from New Orleans that water is hard to find and icy cold when you do.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vail summer wanting to do water activities

Yep, we don't swim in any of the 300 lakes on the Grand Mesa. You can die of hypothermia since the water temps are frigidly cold in the high country lakes. The CO River is shallow enough that the water is warmer.

Edited: 19 June 2012, 20:52
5. Re: vail summer wanting to do water activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:41