We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone ever used powerhound

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
anyone ever used powerhound

transportation? will they stop at a grocery for you? thoughts?

we will be arriving on sunday december 23 around 8:30pm or so i believe...we would like to stop at a grocery for water, wine, bread, eggs, butter, neccessities (and, yes, wine is a necessity...lol) any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

there prices seem nice as it is only you and no other stops and we will have been travelling for quite awhile as we are from cleveland...flying into EGE w/ a ten yr old in tow also....so, we are looking for easy travel!

thanks in advance.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone ever used powerhound

Not sure if they will stop or not, hopefully someone else can help with that.

Next to the Eagle Airport is a Costco with a liquor store, you'll find the best prices on wine there.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,312 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone ever used powerhound

I found another thread where someone mentions using Powderhound & stopping for groceries.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33676-i745-k56529…

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone ever used powerhound

I wrote about them on that thread!

I Know you're coming from Eagle but they were happy to stop for us at the Safeway in Frisco (just off the main highway) on our drive up from Denver although I just wanted milk bread cereals etc for breakfast. Can't remember if they sold wine tbh, in Vail it had to be purchased at a liquor store so hopefully you'll be able to find one still open!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone ever used powerhound

thanks for the replies! appreciated.

5. Re: anyone ever used powerhound

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2013, 10:18