We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12/23 - 12/28....help planning...family activities

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
12/23 - 12/28....help planning...family activities

we arrive sunday the 23rd around 8:45pm. looking at private transfers from eagle arprt to manor vail lodge.

we will have our10yr old in tow and she will be tired due to time change and travel. so, off to the lodge to get settled in and put her to bed.

the 24th - we are thinking a no skischool day for her. want her to get acclimated to the altitude change and see vail. so, what shall we do? we are thinking, sleep in, brkfst, wak around the village. maybe send dh to a grocery store.

i know that there is a family/kid activity in the village from 3 - 5pm. we are definitely going to do that. want to do the polar express ride - do we need to book this advance?

where should we eat? do we need reservations? i am assuming we will. so, we need some recomendtions for an early dinner that is kid friendly but that also has some nice wines to pick from for mom and dad!

any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

where is the bus stop in reguards to manor vail? how often does it run? we will not have a car.

just hoping towalk around, see some sights, shop a bit on the 24th and relax. hoping maybe manor vail or another lodge has santa? or his elves? so that dd can see santa in vail.

the 25th and 26th dd wil be in ski school....and most likely tired oiut at the end of the day! she does love pizza...is there a pizza place that is good near manor vail? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated in this area also! she will definitely want to hit the pool and hot tubs too! so food delivery is an option also.

thanks in advance.

Greentown...
Level Contributor
244 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12/23 - 12/28....help planning...family activities

I'll help out on a few questions:

Private roundtrip transfer from Eagle to Vail: Use Colorado Mountain Express.......great service, the best in CO.

Pizza: Our favorite is Blue Moose Pizza in Lionshead Village.........There are of course others, but we never go to them, because we like Blue Moose so much.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12/23 - 12/28....help planning...family activities

thanks! we are thinking of doing a private transfer just so we can get there! and not have the 40 min trip take 2 hrs.....found some pretty decent prices - only $40 more than CME for no stops.

was just looking at blue moose...

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 12/23 - 12/28....help planning...family activities

All info, maps at

http://www.vail.com/

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12/23 - 12/28....help planning...family activities

ah, for a lovely day in Vail Village with a 10yr old....start at The Beignet Cafe [slopeside] - "Come create your own beignet with several different toppings. Pair them with various coffees, delicious smoothies". Enjoy strolling the village, ride the FREE bus to Lionshead, ice skate either @ Solaris or Arrabelle and walk over the covered bridge. If nice n sunny, have lunch outside @ Pepi's [best people-watching patio in Vail Village]. Vail Village also has a movie theatre and Bol [bowling alley/restaurant]! Take a jacuzzi during sunset and stroll the apres ski scene.

Edited: 20 October 2012, 15:50
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12/23 - 12/28....help planning...family activities

thanks! much appreciated!

to take in Vail as a 10 yr old...must be amazing...although at 44 this is my first trip!! lol...dh has been before.

the beignet is a great idea for a late morning brkfst! she will like picking her own toppings. and te coffee, well, just fab for me and dh....

thanks again for the advice. sure i will be back for me info in the future.

and we plan to do a sunset in the hottub w/ dd...she'll love it!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 12/23 - 12/28....help planning...family activities

where is beignet cafe? thanks!

NC
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 12/23 - 12/28....help planning...family activities

Must go to Blue Moose! We love it! Plus there is a lot to do in Lionshead like the ice skateing rink for kids, shopping for Mom and Dad!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 12/23 - 12/28....help planning...family activities

thankyou sobx

9. Re: 12/23 - 12/28....help planning...family activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2013, 09:15