We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vegetarian fare in Vail?

Detroit, Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
vegetarian fare in Vail?

Staying in Lionshead area, looking for some good vegetarian dining (beyond pizza and salad!) - upscale, but not uber expensive

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,804 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vegetarian fare in Vail?

Most restaurants have vegetarian items, many are excellent. Check the menus of those close to your lodging. What I do is Google map my lodging then search nearby, but I do like to research. I haven't dined in Vail in over 20 years and we will be back in the area next summer, so I'll share what I find out. Have a great trip

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
662 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vegetarian fare in Vail?

Not Moe's Bbq ha

Seriously though try Campo del Fiore in the Village. A few great dishes including veggie risotto and what I got a pasta dish with grilled eggplant.

Mentioned in this post
Campo
Campo
Colorado
Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
662 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vegetarian fare in Vail?

Might be de not del

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vegetarian fare in Vail?

Just about every restaurant in the area has vegetarian options or will be happy to accommodate you.

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vegetarian fare in Vail?

Agree that most places are adding vegetarian or healthy options to their menu. The first place I'm going after getting off the plane in Denver, is to Whole Foods at exit 263 for the salad bar. I know the OP said no pizza, but I'm also looking at Blue Moose for the Mediterranean Salad Pizza. Reviews are mixed based on service. Mexican places are the other idea if they have spinach enchiladas or similar. I'll use TA to filter by category and check the menu of each place.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,056 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vegetarian fare in Vail?

Hi Alan, I cannot think of a restaurant in Vail that does not offer a vegetarian option, usually more than one. Folks in Colorado tend to eat pretty healthy. Hopefully this link will work for the online edition of the dining guide

online.publicationprinters.com/launch.aspx…

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
7. Re: vegetarian fare in Vail?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 07:18