We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time trip to ski

PA
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First Time trip to ski

Myself and three other friends are looking to travel into Denver for the first time. We will be renting a car once we land in Denver to drive to our destination. We are looking to ski, with that being said we are all beginners, Ive skied(not much and the rest have never skied)

What are some suggestion in regards to locations to find a good ski resort? I've heard Breckenridge, Vail or Keystone? DO they ever have any or has anyone purchased groupons for skiing before?

Along with skiing we are looking to sight see and some nice restaurants and nightlife if possible(though not required)

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: First Time trip to ski

re: lift tix, equip -- choose your resort, go to their website, and you'll find all the info you need on costs.

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First Time trip to ski

You (the OP) are from PA? It is much cheaper to ski and take lessons in PA (east coast) than it is out west.

3 major ski areas to think about are Camelback, Seven Springs (Pittsburgh), and Smuggler's Notch (Vermont). You could visit one of these, take lessons, then plan your trip out west. That's exactly what I do when it comes to my family. I take the wife, daughter, and her boyfriend to the east coast. Last year it was Seven Springs, and this year we're going to Smuggs.

Then I'll take a trip out west by myself.

13. Re: First Time trip to ski

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 20:02
14. Re: First Time trip to ski

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 19:05
15. Re: First Time trip to ski

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Vail