We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vail in OCT

MA
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Vail in OCT

We are making a one night stop over in Vail this October (11/12) and we arent sure where to stay. I know its the quiet season, but is everything open? Would we be better off staying in the Village or in Lionshead? Looking to spend around $150 for the room. The only time we have been there was on another pit stop driving from Denver to Moab. We got out to stretch our legs and continued on, I know pretty much nothing about the area. Not looking for any hiking or exploring, just poking around the town. Im guessing Village, but whats there to do/see in Lionshead?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,954 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vail in OCT

You'll find enough open in either Vail Village or Lionshead but personally I would opt for Vail Village. Given the off-season you should be able to do quite well at $150, especially if you happen to be midweek. Look at Sonnenalp, Lodge at Vail, Tivoli, etc. Sweet Basil is a good spot for dinner.

Have fun.

2. Re: Vail in OCT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 05:16