We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonnenalp or Four Seasons in Oct?

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
98 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sonnenalp or Four Seasons in Oct?

My husband and I are driving from Santa Fe to Aspen then plan to spend 2 night is Vail in late October before flying out of Denver. We can't decide between the Sonnenalp or Four Seasons in Vail. We would appreciate any insight as well as suggested restaurants and things to see while we are there.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sonnenalp or Four Seasons in Oct?

They're both great properties but I prefer the ambiance of the Sonnenalp over the Four Seasons. For restaurants I like Sweet Basil, Leonora and Mountain Standard.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
98 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sonnenalp or Four Seasons in Oct?

Great. Thank you so much

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,985 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sonnenalp or Four Seasons in Oct?

Night and day difference but both tremendous properties. Sonnenalp is a small boutique hotel, owner on site, charming, decent location. Four Seasons is just up the road but further from everything by 5 minutes. High end luxury but a VERY large property. This is a BIG hotel.

I'll echo dogmama's restaurants and add Pepi's, but more as an old favorite of mine personally.

Go with Sonnenalp.

Have fun.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
98 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sonnenalp or Four Seasons in Oct?

Thank you so much. We like ther personal attention of a small boutique hotel. We are just familar with the Four Seasons brand so it was hard to decide. Thanks again.

5. Re: Sonnenalp or Four Seasons in Oct?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 05:16