We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples weekend in Colorado - Feb 2014

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Couples weekend in Colorado - Feb 2014

Planning a quick weekend trip in Colorado from 7-9 Feb. I've been to Estes Park, Boulder, Denver and Colorado Springs but want to try some place new. We don't want to ski this trip but are looking for a "village" feel with fun places for dinner, maybe great pubs, and a fun "downtown/village" atmosphere to walk around. We're not "nightclub" people. We like ambiance and cozy. Price isn't a factor. It's a couple's weekend btw so romance is helpful! Trying to decide between Aspen, Vail, Breckenridge, Steamboat Springs, what am I missing??? Tell me somewhere awesome to go. I need help. I'm the one planning the trip as a surprise, so please advise away! And of course, any suggestions within your location preferences of places to eat/things to check out/places to stay are great also! I know I'm asking a lot. I just can't decide!

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples weekend in Colorado - Feb 2014

You will get different opinions by the areas you've mentioned but since this is posted on the Vail forum, I will comment about Vail> Vail is a total pedestrian village with heated streets so you do not need to worry about cars (like all the other resorts you listed) You could actually leave your boots at home, unless you really want to find snow to walk in! Some of the top-rated restaurants in the State are located here as well as fun sport bars & intimate coffee shops. There is SO much to do for non-skiers! I would suggest checking www.snow.com to see everything, then get back to us and we can suggest more! Beaver Creek is Vail's little sister & should also be considered as it is more intimate yet only 10 minutes from all that Vail has to offer. You'll also find info on The Beav on snow.com!

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
661 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples weekend in Colorado - Feb 2014

I love all the areas you mentioned...honestly if you are looking for fine dining, expensive Vail & Aspen both are INCREDIBLE (I prefer Aspen but it is further than Vail), if you are looking for laid back fun then Breck is the place.

I love Steamboat but I think it is more geared towards families so maybe narrow down between 2-3....what exactly is the point ie; spa, relaxation, nice shopping, intimate dinners? or laid back, party place etc...

All mentioned are great in different ways.

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
661 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples weekend in Colorado - Feb 2014

Just re-read your original post....I think Vail or Aspen would both work and leaning towards Vail, the villages are awesome. Especially since price isn't an issue (expect to pay A LOT in Vail) :) But it is worth it.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
89 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples weekend in Colorado - Feb 2014

If you don't ski......

Either Aspen or Telluride.... stay at Mountain Village in Telluride if you go there.

Edited: 21 October 2013, 16:01
5. Re: Couples weekend in Colorado - Feb 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Vail