We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to find the cheapest or price-reasonable ski rental?

NYC
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to find the cheapest or price-reasonable ski rental?

I am looking for cheap ski equipment rental around Vail or Beaver Creek.

Last year Rentskis.com provided 30% off but only 25% (maybe?) or less this year - it's more than $40 per day in early season. So crazy.

Does anyone know which vendor is cheap?

Any one get ski gear rental from Port Authority at Vail before? They didn't announce the price of it. Is that cheap?

Thank you very much

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,983 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to find the cheapest or price-reasonable ski rental?

Hi Woofung. You might take a look at skicoupons

www.skicoupons.com/coupons.cfm/r/9/g/2/cc/11

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to find the cheapest or price-reasonable ski rental?

The shops are all vying for your business so expect pricing to be competitive. $40 a day with decent skis, boots, and poles is not far fetched.

NYC
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to find the cheapest or price-reasonable ski rental?

I already check this website already, but the discount price is still very high.

Like what I said about Rentskis.com, The 25%-off discount price is still $40 per day. It's too over.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,983 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to find the cheapest or price-reasonable ski rental?

Well you could stop someplace on the way to Vail and take your chances they will work for you

http://www.gotskirental.com/rentals.html has an online rental package for 15.00. Good luck with whatever yyou choose.

Edited: 12 November 2013, 19:35
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,154 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to find the cheapest or price-reasonable ski rental?

Given that you're likely flying in from New York and paying for a hotel/condo, transportation, lift tickets, meals and other incidental expenses: How much do you hope to save off of an otherwise extravagant trip by finding a discount rental? Is $35/day what you would consider reasonable? How about $30? More importantly, how much time are you going to spend driving around Colorado if you have a problem with the equipment you rented at some ski shop between Vail and Denver. There are many places to rent equipment in Vail and $40/day seems like a reasonable amount to spend in order to avoid losing a day of skiing if something does go wrong with the equipment.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to find the cheapest or price-reasonable ski rental?

How many days do you need the rental for? I'm planning a trip Nov 22-28 as well and was looking at the rental options - I only needed rental for 1 or 2 days. Searching on this forum, I've found Christy's sports. They seem to have locations at many of the popular ski resorts in Colorado and have an online rental option. I looked for Copper Mountain (where I'll be staying) and saw Basic Ski package as low as 17/day and Sport Ski package at 27/day if reserved in advance.

http://rental.christysports.com/

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to find the cheapest or price-reasonable ski rental?

Sorry - I meant Nov 18 thru 22nd. I don't think the dates change the price of the rentals though.

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to find the cheapest or price-reasonable ski rental?

Smushie

I liked what you said

Edited: 14 November 2013, 08:21
Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to find the cheapest or price-reasonable ski rental?

I've never had problems renting off site and skiing. I rent in Silverthorne at exit #205. The shop is called Virgin Island Ski Rentals. Scroll down my TR for pictures.

http://www.nogodforme.com/Vail2013.htm

virginislandsski.com/ski_rentals/index.php

There's a grocery and liquor store next to each other, so it's a great place to stock up. And it's about half way from Denver, so it's a good rest stop along the way.

Stop at the grocery store, but a gallon jug of water for each person, go next door and get some booze, then get your rentals. The shop is near Keystone, and most lift tickets include this resort. So you could ski Keystone on your last day, then return your gear before heading back to Denver.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 19:02
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to find the cheapest or price-reasonable ski rental?

@smushie - well said but you'd be surprised how far some people (not me haha) will go to save a dime LOL

@woofung - best rate I found was here - rental.christysports.com/store_locations.php…