We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for hotel in Vail

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for hotel in Vail

Looking for recommendations for favorite hotels in Vail. Thanks in advance!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,517 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for hotel in Vail

Good to now summer or winter, price level, etc.

Faves in Vail for us is Sonnenalp. Four Seasons also high on list. Sonnenalp will give you very high level boutique experience. Four Seasons will give you typical high level Four Seasons quality in a very large hotel. Haven't stayed in Sebastian but it's also nice. I probably stay at the Marriott more frequently than any other. It's nice. But it's also a Marriott so not same level as others. In that same neighborhood in Lionshead is Arrabelle, which is very nice. But don't like the location as much as the others in Vail Village.

Have fun.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for hotel in Vail

I can't believe I left out the "little" detail of time of year! We are planning July. Prefer to not do most expensive venue, but want to stay in place that will be nice since we likely won't be back. Thanks for suggestions! I read where Marriott's fees for parking, resort, internet etc add significant $. Not sure if others you mentioned have similar fees as well.

Beaver Creek...
Level Contributor
74 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for hotel in Vail

Driving renting a car or other .. we need that to help you too!

Vail/Beaver Creek is an entire area and if you are driving there are so many more options in July as parking in Vail is free in the summer,

If driving staying in Beaver Creek at a condo is a great way to save $$ and maximize our area.

I will give a few places once we understand your transportation

Happy to assist

LB in the Vail Valley

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,517 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for hotel in Vail

Many hotels will have a resort fee. You can pay to park at hotels or you can park for free in the town lots, which are reasonably convenient. Shop around on hotels as summer deals abound.

Have fun.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for hotel in Vail

We are driving, but only looking for one night in Vail area. On to Estes Park next. Not opposed to staying in a condo in Beaver Creek if they allow a one night stay? Thanks again everyone for all the input. Appreciated!

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for hotel in Vail

You could also try vailonsale.com for last minute openings.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,517 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for hotel in Vail

If you're only staying one night, I would recommend Vail over Beaver Creek. You'll have a more diverse set of options and things to do in your short stay. Definitely go with Vail Village over Lionshead. For sure shop this around as you can find some nice savings in summer.

Have fun.

8. Re: Recommendations for hotel in Vail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:15