We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for Vail trip, June 29 to July 5

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Ideas for Vail trip, June 29 to July 5

I'm taking my family to Vail area this week. We are staying in Avon. My wife and 4 daughters, 17, 15, 13 and 8. We plan on hiking, mountain biking, rafting and anything else. We have a decent budget but don't want to break the bank. Any ideas would be greatl appreciated.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for Vail trip, June 29 to July 5

One of my favorite hikes in the area is Beaver Creek Lake trail which starts in Beaver Creek village. After hiking up to the lake, you can walk across to the ski lifts and ride back down to the village for free. The Gondola ride up Vail Mountain is also nice, at the top are trails and amazing views of Mt of the Holy Cross and surrounding mtns. I love eating breakfast/brunch on the patio at the Westside Café (great breakfast burrito). There is also a free summer concert at Gerald Ford Amphitheater every Tuesday evening, a great setting next to beautiful Betty Ford Alpine Gardens.

2. Re: Ideas for Vail trip, June 29 to July 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 16:34
Edited: 07 June 2014, 16:34
Beaver Creek...
Level Contributor
74 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for Vail trip, June 29 to July 5

Fireworks in Avon are the best you can see on nottingham lake

Beaver Creel village is just up village road and skating is always fun in the summer, there are outdoor movies on the mountain. The rodeo is also happening when you are here too.

Chefs from local restaurants give free culinary demonstrations at the Culinary Experience tent in Beaver Creek Plaza. Multiple demonstrations will take place during festival weekends.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,608 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for Vail trip, June 29 to July 5

Do you have any interest in zip-lining? I haven't done this one but our friends did it last summer and said it was great: http://www.zipadventures.com

Free concerts in Vail vvf.org/arts/vail-valley-foundation-free-con…

5. Re: Ideas for Vail trip, June 29 to July 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:17