We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Peak

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Armonk, New York
7 posts
Save Topic
Golden Peak

Just read about Golden peak in the forum. How does that compare to one of the hotels in Lion's Head? My husband and i want to be close to a lift, shops, restaurants, etc.

Thanks

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
539 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Peak

I just answered you in your other thread. They are all 4-5 minute walk from each other - all the same. Find a great hotel, regardless of the location and it will be fine. It's all beautiful!!

Chicago
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Peak

Golden Peak is nice and a good place if you have REALLY young children in ski school. Lionshead is where most of the lodging is located and has the best access to the mountain, via the Gondola and a high speed chair at the base of the mountain. There is also a ski school in Lionshead for adults and children. Check out the Montauk seafood restaurant -- it's the best in the Valley. Don't forget to checkout Adventure Ridge at the top of the mountain where the Gondola drops you off. Fun activities and good food.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Peak

A Vail local here>

I would recommend the Golden Peak area as you have easy walk-to access to all mentioned. Lionshead is currently going through a magnificent redevelopment presently so there is major construction going on smack dab in the center. The main shopping/restaurant area is along Bridge Street so Golden peak would be closer. You didn't mention where in the GP area you have found lodging but any will offer you easy access to the lift, ski school, shops & restaurants. I would recommend Manor Vail Lodge, The Christiania, The Tivoli Lodge, Ramshorn or All Seasons. Next year when The Arrabelle in Lionshead is complete, stay there! The Gondola will be steps away and the whole area will be transformed> it's exciting!! GOOD LUCK

P.S. Check out www.snow.com for great info.

4. Re: Golden Peak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 00:15