We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deals 06 - 07 ski trip

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nebraska
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Deals 06 - 07 ski trip

Crazy ski trip, need help!

Hi there! Help and advice greatly appreciated!

Family of 4, "kids" 17 and 20, 3 of us intermediate downhill skiers. Hubby does not do downhill skiing but he likes Xcountry, tubing, sledding, etc. Driving from Omaha, NE.

Planning 4 - 5 day ski trip for upcoming season. Have skied Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper, Steamboat and willing to consider others. I like Steamboat a lot, but it's a long, long drive! Prefer to stay within a 12 hour drive time from Omaha, NE.

Last trip 2 years ago we got lucky- planned a T-Day trip to Copper and had great snow and cheap digs, but I'm worried about taking chances with the snow. again. Also want tubing, sledding, gondola or some such thing for hubby.

I find all the lodging choices & prices very confusing, with rates changing thru the season.

I'd love to hear suggestions on how to get the best lodging and lift ticket deals during a time of the season when there should be good snow- T- Day is awesome for a lot of reasons; I'd love to hear how often there is good snow mid to late Nov.

Also, I know that the "good snow" times is a little different at each ski resort / town, but which times at which resorts?

.We need a 2 Bedrm or a 1 bdrm w loft condo. I know it's cheaper away from the lifts, but it is nice to be able to walk to lifts. Must have outdoor hot tub (private not necessary) as one of the best things is sitting in the hot tub when its snowing!!!

Thanks gobs for reading and replying!!!

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deals 06 - 07 ski trip

Check out Beaver Creek as they have the largest "top of the mountain" Nordic skiing center in the country for your hubby and phenominal intermediate skiing for the rest. Adventure Ridge in Vail has great non-skiing family fun & is only 10 minutes away. Easier to get to the slopes in B.C. Lovely outdoor ice rink...Your lift tickets are good on either mnt. ( as well as Breck & Keystone!)

Both areas however have different opening dates. Both are open by Thanksgiving but any time earlier than that may be touch and go, snow wise.

Check out www.snow.com where you will find links to both resorts plus ooooodles of info!

ENJOY!!

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deals 06 - 07 ski trip

Vail is the place to be - much more "action" and terrain than some of the other options. Snow conditions are variable at Thanksgiving anywhere - but historically there is plenty of snow for intermediate skiers to have a great vacation. Vail has lift ticket specials and lodging specials for Thanksgiving through mid-December. Check vail.com or vail.net for special offers. Lionshead Village is a great option for family-friendly lodging and easy access to the Gondola and bus route to Vail Village. Good luck!

3. Re: Deals 06 - 07 ski trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 18:21