We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lionshead Arcade or Vantage Point?

Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lionshead Arcade or Vantage Point?

Lionshead Arcade looks like it is closer to the gondola than Vantage point. We are 4 families traveling with 2 or 3 teenagers each. Kids ages 14-20. Reasonable 2 bedroom condos are not easy to find in Vail, especially close to the lifts. Lionshead Arcade appears to have a reasonable (for Vail) rate in March, but I am not able to find much feedback about it. Can anyone help me?

coonabarabran
Level Contributor
29 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lionshead Arcade or Vantage Point?

I lived in lionshead arcade a few summers ago.

The building was built in 1968 and with all of the new stuff going up it looks dated. Yes it is closer to the gondola than vantage point by 100 ft.

Having been in several of the arcade condos and lived in one, it ALL depends on the owner of the condo and if it has been renovated or not. The one I lived in was modern with nice, recent furniture and all. We had a good summer there and didn't have any hassles with the management.

If you are on a budget, then it's probably not a bad choice.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lionshead Arcade or Vantage Point?

Lionshead Arcade has a closer location but that is it. No elevator, no front desk, no parking, no amenities. Small, cheap, and views into the new hotel being built... :-( If all you are looking for is a place to park your bones after a day hitting the slopes, go for it> just don't expect much. Great restaurants at your doorstep: Montauk, Billy's, Les Deliice de France deli. Bart & Yeti's

Vantage Point isn't that much further away and has a bit more to offer, and at least has parking and an elevator!! I'd choose VP!

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
13 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lionshead Arcade or Vantage Point?

Lionshead Arcade is a budget property with a great location. No frills, no pool etc. Vantage Point is nicer with hot tubs outdoors and elevators. Both locations are good. If you want value in Vail you should also consider Sun Vail which is even nicer, still within walking distance to the lifts.

Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lionshead Arcade or Vantage Point?

Thanks for the advice. I think I will nix the Lionshead Arcade idea. Vantage Point may still be an option. How far is Sun Vail to the gondola?

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
13 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lionshead Arcade or Vantage Point?

Sun Vail is 3 blocks to the gondola. They have a private locker room at the base of the lifts though. Sun Vail is a great value in an over priced market.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lionshead Arcade or Vantage Point?

Vantage Point is nicer and closer than Sun Vail. Shop around and you'll find the prices are comparable - Vail.net (http://web.vail.net/plan/specials.cfm) has an early booking discount available for Vantage Point. It is much nicer than Lionshead Arcade, with hot tubs, daily housekeeping and a pretty similar location.

Jacksonville, North...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lionshead Arcade or Vantage Point?

Have you checked out Montaneros Condos in lionshead? This is where I have stayed last couple of years. They have 2-4 bedroom condos about 150 yds from gondola. Nice place! www.montaneros.com

8. Re: Lionshead Arcade or Vantage Point?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 21:16