We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SAricans seeking employment

South Africa
1 post
Save Topic
SAricans seeking employment

There are 4-6 of us, SA girls coming to work in Beaver Creek this season. We arrive on about the 3rd Dec and can only stay until late or end of jan. By the sounds of things this is the worst idea, but as much as we'd love to we just can't stay any longer due to university.

Whats more, is that only one or two of us have jobs pre arranged. we have been emailing resumes and madly applying online but are having no luck because we are being honest about the length of time we are staying.

We have been assured by others who have already been that we'll manage to find jobs in retail or waitressing etc when we get there so I am just very keen to organise accomodation in advance.

Does any kind soul have any advice for me? Any names of places we could try, we're keen for anything, don't mind dorm rooms etc.,

any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated... it's difficult to know anything from the other side of the world...

Ozzy coming to Vail...
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SAricans seeking employment

Hey SA girls, Im an Ozzy guy in more or less the same position as you guys...

Im looking at going to Vail as there is more opportunity for work/ accom etc but I'm still looking at Beaver Creek/ Aspen too.Really depends on finding accommodation.

Im only staying till the end of Feb and untill now have been honest about that too...but i met a guy last night who did a season in Lake Tahoe and he said not to worry about contracts etc so just say you're staying all season...but yeah its harder to find work in our given cases.

My mate did last season in Aspen and pre-organised his work and staff housing. However he said there is not one single youth hostel/ dorm housing type of thing in the whole area..bizarre! Canada was so much easier for that...

Anyway like you guys im not too worried about work but i just need to find cheap accom before i get there!! i think the best thing to do is to rent an appartment between the lot of you to start with. I met a guy from Aspen years ago and yeah you're right its easy to pick up cash work on your holiday visa

Check out the reply's to my post 'thecranswick' a few days ago for a few leads. Im looking in the Vail Daily for accom and skijob1 for work.

Anyway hope this helps but i really think we're all stuck. Im hoping someone else going to Vail will see this and be keen to rent something before we get there. If you guys found a big flat in Beaver Creek and needed someone else to go in i could be keen...

I hear there's loads of Saffa's and Ozzy's there so should be easy once you're there...but again none of us wanna waste $100p/night for a hotel when we get there.

let me know if you get any leads.

Good Luck!!

CHRIS

2. Re: SAricans seeking employment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Vail