We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Park Family Fun?

Which Winter Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, Ne
1 post
Save Topic
Winter Park Family Fun?

We are heading to Winter Park in early Jan. We are looking for a couple of fun family things we could do there, or in towns around Winter Park. We are interested in the Hot Springs and maybe sleigh rides or so. Anyone have any other suggestions? THANKS!

Springfield,TN
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter Park Family Fun?

we actually have been skiing Winter Park for the past 20 years in January. It's wonderful. We have done the snowmobiling on the continential divide and have done the sleigh ride and dinner at Annie's Barn. (This was a treat) Very entertaining.

Longmont, Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter Park Family Fun?

Our family just spent a week in the Winter Park/Fraser area.

We enjoyed the Fraser Tubing Hill immensely. A little bit pricey but still worth it. For one hour the cost is $15 for adults and $13 for children. Children must be seven to ride alone. This price includes tubes and a lift that pulls you back up this very big hill. One hour was perfect for our kids ages 7 and 10. It was just the right amount of time. Depending on the number of people there you can get in 8-10 runs down the hill in an hour.

We also enjoyed snowshoeing in the area. Several local shops rent snowshoes for all ages at reasonable daily rates. Snowshoes are awkward for the first 10 minutes but in no time adults and children are comfortably blazing a trail of adventure through a winter wonderland. Poles are not recommended for children.

My wife and I really enjoyed an evening sleigh ride with Dashing Through The Snow near Fraser. The Belgian horses were magnificent and the snowy ride through the trees was terrific. The bonfire, marshmallows and hot cocoa were a treat as well. Be sure to dress warmly and if you take the kids go in the daytime as the evenings are frigidly cold.

Corpus
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter Park Family Fun?

Let me know how your trip went. I am going in March and would be interestd in Hot Spring info and general things to do/what not to do. WE are staying at Winter Park Place. Any body have any reviews on this place?

Westminster...
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter Park Family Fun?

I second the tubing hill in Frasier. As a kid/teenager I loved it.

Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
948 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Winter Park Family Fun?

We are going in two weeks.

Has anyone done "Dinner at the Barn"?

I would appreciate any information.

Also - how far to the Hot Sulfur Springs resort?

Any other tips appreciated.

Thanks in advance.