We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day and One Night in Berlin-What to do and where to eat?

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
One Day and One Night in Berlin-What to do and where to eat?

Hello

We are flying up from Munich for a day and night in Berlin. It's a short trip but better than nothing. I'd appreciate any and all advice people may be willing to share. One of us is a fluent German speaker (if that matters).

Thanks!

Lynn

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day and One Night in Berlin-What to do and where to eat?

Lynn,

I think you meant to post this on the Berlin Germany forum. This is the Berlin CT forum.

East Midlands UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day and One Night in Berlin-What to do and where to eat?

Hi Lyn - if you do nothing else go and have breakfast at the Reichstag - pre-book (your hotel will do it for you) then you bypass the queues and go straight to the top have an amazing breakfast (we had the champagne breakfast - was well worth it) with the most wonderful views of the city - at your leisure - then you can take your time wondering up and down the quirky staircase/atrium thingumy. The Sony Centre is quite amazing too - you get the best of both worlds then. Also you must not miss the Brandenburg Gate and if you have time have a wonder through the Jewish Memorial right next to the Brandenburg gate - they are all walkable from one another too. There are tons of brilliant restaurants and bars to choose from.

Have fun - its the most vibrant lively city I've been too - hope you love it as much as I did.

ps - check point Charlie is worth it if you want to see some of the war time things - its also close to a good part of the Berlin Wall with all its graffiti and history too.

3. Re: One Day and One Night in Berlin-What to do and where to eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Berlin