We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Burying Ground in Branford

Which Branford hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oregon
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Old Burying Ground in Branford

We will be in Branford in one week and I am hoping to look up some family members who have been buried for 200 years. Is this cemetery difficult to find and are there motels or B&Bs nearby. We will only be there overnight and part of a day as we are traveling on to Maine and Vermont. Thanks for any info.

2 replies to this topic
NY, NY
Level Contributor
339 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Burying Ground in Branford

I think you are looking for what is know as the Old Branford Center Cemetery and it is in the town center. It is easy to find and is mapped on the site below, which may also list your ancestors:

www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi…

There are some hotel/motels nearby due to the proximity to I-95 and US 1, but I am not sure about Inns or B&Bs. If you stay in the area, pay a visit to Le Petit Cafe for dinner:

www.lepetitcafe.net/lpc/Le_Petit_Cafe.html

A nice drive before returning to the monotony of the highway is to follow Montowese/146 out to the shore and into Guilford center.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Burying Ground in Branford

Lots of options right in Branford - most chain motels (Holiday Inn, etc..) - You could also look at the Stony Creek B&B if you want something more unique

Reply to: Old Burying Ground in Branford
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Branford