We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

criminal rate and robbery

Which Greenwich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lewiston,ME
2 posts
Save Topic
criminal rate and robbery

Is the crime rate, house and car thieves rate high?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: criminal rate and robbery

I don't understand the question- but I've lived here since 1961 and probably could help you.

FL
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: criminal rate and robbery

I was wondering the same thing. Where is the best place to live in CT? Lowest crime rates, plenty of jobs, etc...

Danbury, Connecticut
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: criminal rate and robbery

Not just saying this cause I live in the town, but Danbury, CT was rated one of the safest towns in the United States. Danbury was in the category of pop. 70,000. Have lived here almost 4 yrs now and it is really a great town....not only one of the safest but also one of the best towns to live...

Valencia, CA
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: criminal rate and robbery

I've subscribed to CT Magazine for over a year now, and have found many helpful articles in regard to relocating/rating towns, etc. I don't know if they're online, but you might check it out. Not long ago, they devoted a whole issue to CT's best towns.....worth a try. Also, contact any realtor and ask them to compile a relo package!

Stamford...
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: criminal rate and robbery

In the words of TURFMAN.."I'm not saying this because I live here".. but..Fairfield County, CT is probably as good as it gets for exposure to a balanced lifestyle.

When I (finally) bought a house in 1998, I first looked in the Danbury-Bethel area as land was still very cheap and so were construction costs. However, I'm a beach bum and need to be near the seashore - a lake just doesn't do it. Also, the commute would have been horrible to the Stamford/Greenwich area.

I am comfortable in knowing that my residence has tripled in value in 7 years, not unlike the Greater Danbury area.

The cost of living almost anywhere in Fairfield County is not cheap - maybe except Newtown which is the largest in sq miles and may still have farmland.

In the last five years, Stamford & Norwalk CT and White Plains NY have enjoyed a resurgence of sorts. This is reflected in their housing costs and tax bases - but most residents will complain and absorb the costs due to the coastline access and proximity (55 mns by train) to New York City.

The White Plains,NY/Stamford,CT/Norwalk,CT/Danbury,CT metro area is a great place to be if you can tolerate traffic, shop with coupons, appreciate nice things like libraries, parks, good schools and great restaurants.

The University of Connecticut now has a full service branch located "down at this end of the state" - something nobody thought would happen.

If you need more info just post. Good Luck.