We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay??

Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
301 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay??

I've been reading through all the info on Hartford. My hubby and I will be attending a soccer game at Rentschler Field in July and want to spend the night afterwards. We have read that West Hartford may be a safer area to stay in than East Hartford. Any ideas on that? We will be traveling on Freeway 84 to Hartford. Also, any recommendations for hotels, restaurants, etc?

Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
Level Contributor
945 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay??

The sheraton in East Hartford is the close to the field and is in a commercial area that is perfectly safe. From it you can walk the pedestrian bridge over the Connecticut river into downtown Hartford and visit the Old State House, Wadsworth Atheneum(art museum) and downtown restaurants and bars. The Holiday Inn and Wellesley hotels are also quite close to the field and in a commercial area near the highway that is very safe. Stay away from hotels on Main St. or Burnside Ave. that are older. I might consider staying at the new Courtyard by Marriott that is near the intersection of I-84 and Route 9 where the towns of West Hartford, Farmington and Newington meet. Its in the Westfarms Mall area and there are chain restaurants around. Its less than 15 min. from the stadium if there is no traffic. You could check out West hartford center with shops, and great restaurants like Grants, Brico's, Elbow Room and Max's Oyster Bar. If you're looking for breakfast try Mo's Midtown in Hartford, not too far from the Mark Twain House and museumm

Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
301 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay??

Thanks for the hotel information! We followed up on your suggestion and will be staying at the Courtyard by Marriott. I truly appreciate your information. Coming from the west, we have only been east a few times since our daughter moved to NY State. We've enjoyed seeing some of the beautiful east coast areas.

3. Re: Where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Hartford
Recent Conversations