We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Glastonbury from NYC

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Glastonbury from NYC

Hi there,

I'm thinking about taking Amtrak to Hartford train station from NYC. From the Hartford station is it adviseable to take a TAXI from the station OR to rent a car at the station?

*Are there usually plenty of taxis?

If not -

*Do you know the car rental options at the station itself?

My option B is to drive the whole way but I like the idea of Amtrak so I can do some work and relax on the way.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!!

Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
Level Contributor
907 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Glastonbury from NYC

There will certainly be taxis lined up when you arrive. Compare cost http://www.theyellowcab.com/rates/ and will you need a car for the rest of your visit ? Enterprise rental is a 3 min. walk from the station and I think they'd pick you up too.

If you'll need a car, you might want to take Metro North train to New Haven and rent a car there. Their trains are much more frequent and much cheaper.

Edited: 28 October 2013, 21:21
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Glastonbury from NYC

I've done the drive many times. 95 can be a little stressful but once on 91 it's a breeze. You'll get there quicker with the rental... Obviously.

3. Re: Going to Glastonbury from NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2014, 05:16