We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Japanese restaurant with floor sitting Hartford CT

Which Hartford hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colchester CT
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Japanese restaurant with floor sitting Hartford CT

Does any know of a Japanese restaurant that has floor sitting in the greater Hartford area? Ginza in Bloomfield used to, but it has been converted into normal chair sitting.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Japanese restaurant with floor sitting Hartford CT

Iron Chef in Wallingford does/did I havent been there in a while (over a year), but there was 2 private rooms with floor seating. They may have taken them out when they added Hibachi tables though, so I would call ahead to double check.

Colchester CT
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Japanese restaurant with floor sitting Hartford CT

Thanks for the response Matt. I called Iron Chef they no long have the tables. It must be a thing of the past. Thanks for your help.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Japanese restaurant with floor sitting Hartford CT

Dang, worth a shot. Thanks for the info.

If you are going for Hibachi, Saki Mura on the Meriden Wallingford line is some of the best I have had (been to many many). Best sushi I have had would be Toro/Toyo in Cheshire. They recently changed names, but I think it is called Toro now.

For all around good with amazing decor, try Asian Bistro in Rocky Hill

4. Re: Japanese restaurant with floor sitting Hartford CT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:18