We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended beaches near Madison or further North?

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
500 posts
252 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended beaches near Madison or further North?

Hi. I will be visiting a friend in the New Haven area for 4 days soon We will actually be staying in Madison for 2 of the 3 nights. Any recommendations of nice sandy beaches least affected by Hurricane Sandy? I am not insensitive to what the coastal beach towns went through, but I prefer not to watch and listen to the reconstruction. I have read Hammonasset (right at Madison) and Rocky Neck might be the ones to visit?

4 replies to this topic
Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended beaches near Madison or further North?

I answered this under your original CT post.

If I were in your shoes, I'd take a day trip to Newport.. Very cool town and beaches too.

Misquamicut was nice but I think it was torn apart by Sandy.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended beaches near Madison or further North?

Hammonasset should be enough beach for you.

Its a large place that also has camping available.

Ocean Beach in New London --is also a choice for you...Maybe 30 minutes as the crow flies from Madison....but packs a huge entertainment punch and expansive sandy beach and swimming pools as well.....

http://www.ocean-beach-park.com/

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended beaches near Madison or further North?

I've been to and like them all! Hammonasset, Rocky neck, ocean beach, and Misquamicut! Have fun, whichever you choose :)

Norman, Oklahoma
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended beaches near Madison or further North?

My son lives in Madison and other son in old saybrook right down the road, all of the local beaches are in good condition and nice but we absolutely love misquamicut in RI , it is quaint with its night life and eating right on the sand to beautiful weather and amazing view, I follow the misquamicut beach Facebook and it tells all about the conditions as well as special festivals and events. I travel from Oklahoma and never miss a chance to go there. Good luck an have fun.

Reply to: Recommended beaches near Madison or further North?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Madison