We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rann of Kutch

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rann of Kutch

We are planning a family vacation to the Rann of Kutch in December 2013. Ideally we would like to spend 3-4 days in the region. The group would be about 7-8 adults.

My queries:

1. What are the places to visit in the area?

2. Would it be possible to stay at one place (Shaam-e-Sarhad) & cover both the Great & Little Rann from there?

3. Is the Rann festival on this year?

Thanks

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rann of Kutch

Hi,

I give below a link for my blog which contains my Kutch Trip Report and few photographs.

…wordpress.com/2013/…

Sanjiv

Devpur Kutch
Destination Expert
for Gujarat
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rann of Kutch

Hi,

I suggest you keep one day for the Little Rann of Kutch and four days for Kutch. From Shaam e Sharad you will only be able to do the Salt Plains in the Greater rann of Kutch. Besides this you will need one day for Bhuj and the central areas, Mandvi in the south and Lakhpat in the West. The Rann Festival is there every December-January for about 45 days.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rann of Kutch

Thx for the info.

4. Re: Rann of Kutch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2013, 04:09
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rann of Kutch

Thx. Our prog is very fluid rt now.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rann of Kutch

i want to visit rann of kutch in december 1st wk is ther is possibility to see flemingo in large number during this time?

Devpur Kutch
Destination Expert
for Gujarat
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rann of Kutch

You can see the flamingoes in reasonable numbers in the salt pans near Jhakhau, some in Chhari Dhandh and some more going towards Dholavira. December is a good time.

8. Re: Rann of Kutch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 07:16