We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we go in late March?

Which Mystic hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hong kong
1 post
Save Topic
Should we go in late March?

We're considering a trip to Mystic in late March with our 3 year old. It's the only time we have available, so it's Mystic or somewhere further south. We're thinking it would be in the 50's? We normally don't mind cooler weather, but are concerned things might not be open etc. Any thoughts?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we go in late March?

It's more likely to be in the 30s or 40s in March. It still snows that time of year sometimes.

most things should be open though.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
561 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we go in late March?

I am with Cabo Girl. I dare say you will not get the 50s in late March in Connecticut, unless there is some fluke in the weather. I would go further south. Williamsburg, VA is lovely that time of year and should be in the 50s.

connecticut
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we go in late March?

I agree with the other posts. We had snow here last March 17. Along the coast it is milder, but still cold. The only thing closed will be outdoor food stands ie: Abbots, Seaview, Seaswirl. Mystic is more fun in summer boats and bridge to watch. Plus it is more enjoyable to do out door exhibits at Aqauarium and Seaport.

Noank, CT
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we go in late March?

It was 50 degrees yesterday here in Mystic. You just never know what it's going to be like, as mentioned we could have a blizzard in late March or it could be in the 70's. Wacky New England weather.

I think it's a great time to visit as it won't be crowded. Unfortunately, it'll still look wintry despite the weather as there will be no leaves on the trees. But again a great time to visit tourist attractions and getting into restaurants with no wait.

5. Re: Should we go in late March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Mystic
Recent Conversations