We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/B&B closest to it all??

Weehawken, NJ
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/B&B closest to it all??

I am planning a trip up to Mystic this October and was wondering what hotel or B&B is right in the middle of it all OR what's the closest hotel?

I like nice hotels - not worry about a budget

(only because I don't have kids, LOL)

Thanks for any info.

Weehawken, NJ
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/B&B closest to it all??

To add to the above post, I would rather walk to places then taking my car everywhere. I'm reading good things about The Steamboat Inn.

Appreicate the feedback and recommendations!

Noank, CT
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/B&B closest to it all??

I'd also look into the Whaler's Inn located right in downtown by the bridge. Or a few blocks away the Mermaid Inn. I think between those two and the Steamboat Inn you can't go wrong.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,749 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/B&B closest to it all??

I just stayed at The Steamboat Inn (in my trip report). I don't think you can go wrong here. Great location to walk. Unique location on the harbor.

We stayed in the Carolyn Room, but for something more romantic consider Ariadne, which I believe has a fireplace. A few others do too. The pictures on the Steamboat's Web site are pretty accurate.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/B&B closest to it all??

I stayed at the Whalers Inn last fall and we enjoyed it. You can walk to most things and it has free parking which is nice to have. We also looked into the Mermaid Inn and Steamboat Inn and both were booked for the days we wanted. All three places are good walking distance to most things.

I think in terms of cost it would go (if this is a factor):

Mermaid Inn (probably cheapest - definite B&B type place with served breakfast)

Whalers Inn (middle of the road - small hotel with a variety of rooms, free continental breakfast)

Steamboat Inn (more expensive end - interesting location right on the boardwalk, may be more couples versus families like at Whalers Inn)

So check these out. Write back with your experiences.

5. Re: Hotel/B&B closest to it all??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Mystic
Recent Conversations