We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Mystic/Stonington/Noank

Which Mystic hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Independence, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Mystic/Stonington/Noank

We just returned today from a week in the Mystic area. Many shops were on reduced hours this time of year but Olde Mystic shops, the Seaport area, the beach, the whaleing ship, and the whole area was just wonderful. Restaurants were reasonable, the food was really good--the Kitchen Little just north of the Seaport entrance, opens at 6AM--the seafood omlette was to die for. The little food stand just next door did great lobster rolls and other seafood dishes for reasonable prices, opened at 11AM. Both had outside waterfront tables to watch the tall ships come in. Other restaurants in nearby New London and Groton were just excellent as well. We stayed at the Econolodge in Mystic. Reviews were correct--water was at body temperature and no hotter. Pretty cheap given the rates and the East Indians could have cared less about your cold showers. Stay elsewhere given the chance. We had a DN disturb sign on the door at 9AM when we'd returned for a brief freshening up session, about 20 minutes, and they NEVER RETURNED. When I checked about fresh towels late that afternoon, I was chastised for having the sign on the doorknob and told it was my fault. Great! My fault...

Go elsewhere unless you like cold showers and a rude desk clerk. The HOJO right next door was WAY BETTER!!

oprah44

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
250 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Mystic/Stonington/Noank

OOF! Sorry about your hotel experience, but I'm glad you enjoyed the area! :)

2. Re: Trip Report Mystic/Stonington/Noank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Mystic
Recent Conversations