We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mystic in April

Which Mystic hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
albuquerque, new...
Level Contributor
277 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mystic in April

So....in my internet searchs about Mystic, and the Connecticut seacoast it seems that there are a lot of boat tours that don't run until mid May. What is Mystic like the end of April? Is the Mystic seaport completely open? What might be missed if we travel in April istead of later in the season?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
Level Contributor
889 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mystic in April

Being on the shore, Mystic the water keeps the temperature a little lower than inland and in April its often breezy. You can have very nice days thought and although you'll miss boat tours the Seaport is fully open and you'll also avoid the summer crowds.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mystic in April

I think you mentioned in another post that you will be visiting Newport too. If so, do the boat stuff there.. it is much nicer in Newport than in Mystic with alot more to do.

albuquerque, new...
Level Contributor
277 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mystic in April

thanks for the responses. Sounds like the thing to do is spend about 1.5 days at Mystic (since we will just need to visit the seaport and aquarium), and 2-3 days in Newport. I will look online to see if April isn't too early for Newport.

4. Re: Mystic in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 07:19